Copy buildings

Precious Ighodaro

Is there anyway to copy a building with modules or roof objects on it? I was working on a project recently and basically had 9 identical buildings with same roof objects and panels. I was able to copy the building since they are same building but on each buildings i had to place the roof objects and modules which takes so much of my time as it was over 10,000 modules. If there was a way to copy buildings with roof objects and panels on it that would be helpful.

Hello Precious Ighodaro

On 8/31/2023 at 10:05 AM, Precious Ighodaro said:

Is there anyway to copy a building with modules or roof objects on it?

You could copy the configured 3D model in the Terrain View by doing a Right Click > Copy:

image.png

Make sure Copy Configuration is checked.
In case you check Make multiple copies you are able to draw the copied models from the 3D model button with your left mouse button (think of it as a card deck):

image.png

image.png

I must admit that my example model is fairly trivial. For certain a model containing 10,000 modules will take a bit time but should work. Patience is key.

Does this work in your case?

Kind regards
Frederik

• Like 1