Inverter configuration for Kostal Piko inverters

Umang

Hello PV*Sol Team,

Recently I observed a change in data for PIKO inverters.

In the manufacturer datasheet https://www.vpsolar.com/en/product/kostal-piko-ci-30-50-60-kw/  the max system voltage is 1100V for PIKO 60 but in PV Sol its limited to max MPP voltage (960V) which I think should not be correct.

Can you please check and clarify if I am going wrong somewhere because 2months back I planned a project using this inverter and Solarwatt 405Wp modules, that time I could connect 24modules in a string but now its limited to 23modules due to this voltage limit change which would change the complete string planning.

Also, would it be correct to connect modules in series that exceeds the max MPPT range but under the max system voltage as I understand that system will not always generate the max voltage all the time or there might be some issues later on. Could you please clarify??

Thank You.

Umang 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Umang

Firstly: Sorry for the belated answer.

On 7/24/2023 at 8:22 AM, Umang said:

the max system voltage is 1100V for PIKO 60 but in PV Sol its limited to max MPP voltage (960V) which I think should not be correct

This is correct. The dataset in our database was changed by Kostal mid June. I forwarded this to our database team to clarify the issue.

Meanwhile you could copy the dataset of this inverter and correct the maximum input voltage to be able to simulate your project.

On 7/24/2023 at 8:22 AM, Umang said:

would it be correct to connect modules in series that exceeds the max MPPT range but under the max system voltag

You could do that, yes. This could cause down-regulation losses if not within the MPP voltage range.

Kind regards
Frederik