September 25, 20179 yr comment_1244 Hi Valentin Support, I´m getting the following error when trying to open a PVSol file I have sent the error report but I´m not sure you have received it. Can you help me? Thanks, Diego Report
September 27, 20179 yr comment_1246 Hi Diego, Please can you send us the project file, which leads to the error message. Then we can check if the file is damaged and try to reproduce the problem. hotline@valentin-software.com Is there any antivirus or firewall program which can probably block the access of PV*SOL to the database file “pvsol.sdf”? There is an incompatibility with the program Byte Fence. It can also be that there is a problem with the database file or the initialization file. Please try the following: Close the program Delete the initialization file “pvsol.ini”. It can be found in the following folder: C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Valentin EnergieSoftware\PVSOL premium 2017 Delete the database file “pvsol.sdf”. It can be found in the following folder: C:\ProgramData\Valentin EnergieSoftware\PVdatabase\Version4.0 Please note: Program data normally is a hidden folder, So, if it is not shown please enable the option "Show hidden files and folders" in the folder settings. Kind regards Your Technical Support Team Report
September 28, 20179 yr comment_1247 Hi Diego, Thank you for sending us your project file. We were able to modify the project file, that you can reopen it in PV*SOL. There was a problem with the number of MPP trackers. The number of trackers of the inverters used in the project file differs from the number of trackers in the current database of PV*SOL. This is probably caused by intermittent changes in the database by the manufacturer. We will send you the modified project by e-mail. Kind regards Your Technical Support Team Report
September 28, 20179 yr Author comment_1249 Hi Technical Suppport, I have tested and now the file is working fine. Thanks for the great support. Report
July 2, 20224 yr comment_7828 I have the same error only that my version is that of 2021 r4 when I try to calculate and save it sends me the same error, but I already followed the steps you put and it does not work so far Report
July 5, 20224 yr comment_7846 Hi bakale86, do you still experience this error? Were you able to send the error report? Please insert an email address so we are able to contact you! It might also help if you could send me your project file and Log file via private message here in the forum so I can have a look into it. You can open your Log file by pressing CTRL+L after starting PV*SOL. Thank you in advance and kind regards, Frederik Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.