Integrating multiple buildings

ibrahim.uzun

Hello,

I need to draw U shaped building and the only way as far as I know is integrating different buildings. However, the problem is that I can not place solar panels entirely down side of the U shape - west. The program divides the roof into 3 parts and solar panels can not be placed to the junction line of the roofs. How can I solve this problem? Thanks in advance.

West.jpg

West-2.jpg

Hi Ibrahim,

in this case I would recommend to change the setup of your building: Instead of having both sides of the U going through to the bottom part, I would build the bottom part first, but so that it includes the two side parts to the right and left. If you look from above, it should look like this:

wFSKlBT2KUZFwAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

Hope that helps, kind regards,

Martin

Dear Martin,

thanks a lot for your fast response. However, the problem will arise again when I want to place solar panels to left and right side of the building. I should cover left, right and down side of the roof. Do you have any solution for this problem. Thanks.

Best regards,

Ibrahim

Hi Ibrahim,

yes, that should be no problem if you take care that the buildings at the left and right are having their roofs just a little above the roof of the center building. Here is a little screenshot to illustrate what I mean:

u shaped buildings.png

You have to make sure that all the roof areas you want to place modules on are not intersected by other roof areas.

Let me know if you have any further questions,

Martin