Metashape model import.

Venkatesh

Hi Venkatesh,

thank you for sending the model to me. The automatic recognition of possible mounting surfaces has always been in beta only and never matured to more than an experimental method. In most cases you have to draw those mounting surfaces by yourself.

Your model was constructed via photogrammetry or from LIDAR data, which has improved greatly in recent years. One problem is: Instead of having to deal with one flat surface as a roof e.g. from a SketchUp drawing those models come with uneven surfaces due to the fact that the process for creating those models does not receive any information about the building.

I would recommend: Free your model from material like the grounds, which are not needed for the shading analysis. Replace uneven surfaces with single surfaces where possible.

I hope this helps. If you have further questions, feel free to ask!

Best regards,
Frederik

• Like 1