Determining Horizon

Zurab

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Zurab,

on the page PV modules every module area has Shading settings in the treeview on the left. Also there is an import button which opens a dialogue to import a horizon.

grafik.png

After choosing the location for your horizon line, it gets imported automatically. However, it is very important to know the local conditions and not only rely on the imported horizon line.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
Frederik

• 10 months later...

I was wondering now that we can import directly from PVGIS if the import is correct... indeed in PVGIS, South is azimuth 0 and East is -90° and West is 90°... whereas in PV SOL south is 180°, East is 90° and West 270°....

I tried it once on a project where I also inserted a tree in the South East direction of my PV plant but the horizon line showed a big angle in the North West.... Did I do something wrong or am I not getting something in how an horizon line is modelled ?

Thx !

Best regards,

Julie