Consumption profiles

bwhittle

Hello

Could anyone tell me the source of consumption profiles used in the self consumption analysis please? I'm particularly interested in the heat pump profiles, but generally interested in all of them, and finding resources with a wider range of profiles.

Thanks

Ben 

Dear Ben,

the electrical load profiles we provide in PV*SOL have various origins. Here is an overview that I just compiled:

Name EN Description Source
1-person household   Load Profile Generator
2 person household with one child   Load Profile Generator
2-person household   Load Profile Generator
2-person household with 2 children   Load Profile Generator
BDEW commercial load profile (G1) Business, weekdays 8 am to 6 pm (i.e. offices, doctor's offices, workshops, administrative units) BDEW
BDEW load profile business (G2) Business with high or primary use in the evening (i.e. sport clubs, fitness studios, night clubs) BDEW
BDEW load profile business (G3) Continual business operation, i.e. cold warehouses, pumps, sewage treatment facilities (cold warehouses, pumps, sewage treatment facilities) BDEW
BDEW load profile business (G4) Shop/Hairdresser BDEW
BDEW load profile business (G5) Bakery with shop attached BDEW
BDEW load profile business (G6) Weekend operations (i.e. cinemas) BDEW
BDEW load profile business (GO) General business (weighted mean of profiles G1-G6) BDEW
BDEW load profile household (H0)   BDEW
BDEW load profile agriculture (L0) Agriculture (weighted mean value of profiles L1 and L2) BDEW
BDEW load profile agriculture (L1) Agricultural operations with milk/secondary income livestock BDEW
BDEW load profile agriculture (L2) Other agricultural operations BDEW
Brasil Centro Oeste   Solarize 
Brasil Nordeste   Solarize 
Brasil Norte   Solarize 
Brasil Sudeste   Solarize 
Brasil Sul   Solarize 
Colombia Amazonia   Solsta
Colombia Andina   Solsta
Colombia Caribe   Solsta
Colombia Orinoquia   Solsta
Colombia Pacifico   Solsta
Household, seasonal course comparable with standard profile Load profile 31 HTW Berlin
Household, load profile with high night proportion Load profile 67 HTW Berlin
Household, load profile with high summer proportion Load profile 26 HTW Berlin
Household, Load profile with high percentage of morning hours Load profile 68 HTW Berlin
Household, Load profile with low percentage of nighttime hours Load profile 61 HTW Berlin
Household, load profile with low summer proportion Load profile 12 HTW Berlin
Household, Load profile with low percentage of morning hours Load profile 48 HTW Berlin
Household, diurnal course comparable with standard profile Load profile 17 HTW Berlin
Load profile with constant load Constant load throughout the year, e.g. broadcasting station  
Heat pump Base year 2011  
Heat Pump System with Space Heating (air/water)   GeoT*SOL
Heat Pump System with Space Heating (brine/water, geothermal collector) GeoT*SOL
Heat Pump System with Space Heating (brine/water, geothermal probe)   GeoT*SOL
Heat Pump System with Space Heating (water/water)   GeoT*SOL
Heat Pump System with Space Heating and Domestic Hot Water (air/water) GeoT*SOL
Heat Pump System with Space Heating and Domestic Hot Water (air/water) with Heating Element GeoT*SOL
Heat Pump System with Space Heating and Domestic Hot Water (brine/water, geothermal collector) GeoT*SOL
Heat Pump System with Space Heating and Domestic Hot Water (brine/water, geothermal probe) GeoT*SOL
Heat Pump System with Space Heating and Domestic Hot Water (water/water) GeoT*SOL

Sources:

Load Profile Generator Created with the LoadProfileGenerator (https://www.loadprofilegenerator.de/)
HTW Berlin University of Applied Sciences: „Representative electrical load profiles of residential buildings in Germany with a temporal resolution of one second“, dataset, Berlin, 2015
GeoT*SOL  Created with GeoT*SOL 2020 R1
Solsta provided by Solsta SAS, data from XM (Colombian electricity market administrator) 
Solarize provided by Solarize
BDEW Standard load profiles of German BDEW (German Association of Energy and Water Industries)

I hope that helps. I will try to find the time to update the help also in the near future.

Kind regards,

Martin

• Like 1