Create power Optimizer Solar Edge M2640

David Diez

Hi,

I am trying to create a new Power optimizer on PV-sol 2019 as It is not on its database, but I am having an issue. 

The optimizer required is solar edge M2640, but the PVsol just gives me the option of filling the data for one input current. What are the values I have to input to create it?

Thanks 

Hi David,

this is correct, the power optimizers in PV*SOL only have one MPP tracker. The SolarEdge M2640 has four. So there is no "clean" way to enter it. As a workaround you could either enter it as PV inverter with four MPP trackers, and with the DC/AC values of the PV inverter you want to connect. So that you'll have a device that combines the M2640 and the PV inverter.

The other way would be to enter it as power optimizer with only one MPP tracker, and take into account that you'll lose the simulation accuracy. If you don't have difficult shading situations on the roof, you could go this way.

Hope that helps, kind regards,

Martin

• 1 month later...

Hello I'm running into the same problem.

Shading is very important to me. We don't have the time to input our own data into the database.

With all respect; i think such a leading manufacturer as Solaredge should have been fully implemented by now. (M2640 2,5yrs available).

I'm running 2021 R1 including maintenance updates.

i.o.w. please implement & update ASAP.