Batteries and Mppt??

Anton Marais

So i have been trying this myself with no luck.
I got so far as to add my own battery type and Inverter but the program still wants to add another inverter on top of the battery inverter and you cannot add any mppt chargers onto the battery inverter option. I dont want to add a battery system i would like to add a stand alone battery

Another issue is i cant add a grid tie i have to make it a free standing system.
Its as if the program is missing a option of "Grid Connected PV System with Electrical Appliances and Battery.

Hi Anton,

the Victron MulitPlus II approach is somewhat different to our ongrid and offgrid system types. I'd interpret it as offgrid for the PV (as it does not feed into the grid), but ongrid for the loads (as loads are covered by grid energy).

In case of grid outage, it would clearly be a DC coupled battery offgrid system:

image.png

I think the most suitable way to model this in PV*SOL would be an offgrid system with diesel backup generator, and you interpret the generator energy as from grid energy. In offgrid systems in PV*SOL you can also define load shedding, which might be useful for this kind of application.

Then, you define a PV inverter with the MPP tracker properties of the MPPT solar charge controller. The  DC/AC efficiency would be your DC/DC efficiency of the solar charger. And then you need an offgrid battery inverter with the corresponding properties of the MultiPlus-II.

This should give you results that are as close as possible with PV*SOL at the moment.

Let me know if this helps. If you need any further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,

Martin

2 hours ago, developer_mh said:

Hi Anton,

yes, the power figures must be taken from the datasheet of the MultiPlus-II and then entered into PV*SOL either for the PV inverter or the battery inverter. You'll have these two devices in PV*SOL that represent the one MultiPlus-II device.

Kind regards,

Martin

Ok awesome

Thx for the help Martin