Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Forum Valentin Software

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Fixing No Bifaciality Calculation [SOLVED]

Featured Replies

I’m sharing this because I spent hours struggling with bifaciality not being calculated correctly in my PV design, and I couldn't find a clear solution anywhere.

I was designing a 4m tall carport canopy over a parking lot with asphalt. All my settings seemed correct:
✅ Bifacial modules with 70% bifacial gain
✅ Albedo set to 25% (asphalt)
✅ Properly configured mounted panel settings

Yet, the bifacial gain on the back of the module remained at 0 kWh, no matter what I did.

The Solution

The missing step was creating a 3D polygon—specifically, an arbitrary open surface. Initially, I had placed the mounted panels on an Open Area generated from the map, but this setup didn’t allow bifaciality to be calculated unless the panel inclination was set to an extreme angle where direct sunlight hit the back panel (ignoring albedo effects).

Once I switched to defining the area with a 3D polygon, the bifacial gain started calculating correctly.

Key Takeaway

If you're facing a similar issue, make sure your panels are mounted on a 3D-defined surface (arbitrary open surface) rather than just using a basic Open Area from the map.

Hope this helps someone and saves them the frustration I went through! 🚀

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.