SolarEdge Inverters in PVSol

Paul I

Hi there

I noticed that there was an update to the SolarEdge Inverters and when I looked at the SE50K Unit - 25kW which is the new inverter from the update and the other 50K inverter I use the SE50K-EU-AUS/APAC is now no longer available for me to use.

When I checked the data for the Inverter compared to the datasheet I noticed it was set for the 25kW inverter and all values were different from the datasheet from SolarEdge's website.

I ran a PVSol using this inverter and when I compared it to a previous design I done of the same set up I noticed the sizing factor ended up over 268% rather than the 138% I originally had.

I think this will be the same for the larger modules as I have checked the 100K inverter and it was the same issue.

Could you provide a way of using these inverters to get the desired output rather than the output of just 1 unit as these inverters are made up of several units

Thanks

Paul Ingram

Hi Paul,

thank you for your post.
With the program update to PV*SOL premium 2024 R1, we have also adapted the simulation and planning of SolarEdge Synergy inverters to reality. SolarEdge Synergy inverters consist of several inverter units that must be combined with each other. The number of units to be used can also be found in the inverter data sheet. The SE100K, for example, consists of three units (see screenshot).
image.png
The individual units are stored in the PV*SOL database. When configuring, you must select the specified number of units as individual inverters. These then make up the whole inverter.
In the case of building up a SE50K inverter you have to choose two "SE50K Unit - 25kW" units. After increasing the numbers of the "SE50K Unit - 25kW" from one to two, the sizing factor should be as in your previous project.

Kind regards
Mikio

• 1 month later...

Hi

i have a system using 1no SolareEdge 66.6K inverter over 2 elevations. when choosing the updated 66.6k it only allows a 33.3kW version. when trying to add as per the details above, using 2no. How do i string for 2 roof spaces? 

Hi Iain,

thanks for your post. I'm unsure if I understand your question correctly but maybe it helps if you choose the option "configure module areas together" on the left panel in on the configuration page.

Therefor please hold down the control key, select both module areas with the mouse and click on the "configure module areas together" button.

image.png

image.png

Does this help? If not please feel free to ask again.

Kind regards

Mikio

• 4 months later...

Hi

I am still struggling with the inputs for PV Sol - I have 2 elevations (EAST and WEST) both have 115 modules. using SolarEdge designer I am to use an SE90K Synergy Manager, this has 9 strings in total - 1 of the strings is shared between the 2 elevations.  How do I input this into the PV Sol configuration?

SE90K requires 3 "inverters" on PV Sol how do i assign the correct string to the correct elevation? Screenshot2024-06-18162159.thumb.png.fc5df38905638af76c93392c44ae3253.png

Screenshot 2024-06-18 162219.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hallo Iain,

thank you for the question.

If I understand correctly, the solution to the problem is to use three inverters with different configurations. That is, one that only converts the east roof surface, one that only converts the west roof surface and a third that converts power from both roof surfaces.

The configurations in PV*SOL could then look like this:

image.png

Kind regards

Mikio