Site with existing PV Export

Chadders

Hello, I'm new to the forum.

We have a site that has exiting solar with an export agreement (50kW DC) with 50kW AC inverters with 50kW export.

The DNO have approved another 50kW of AC, which will will oversize to circa 65kW DC, with a total site export of 50kW (not increased)

I have historic HH export and import data, but I can't find a way to load the export data into the modelling.

I have tried using negative numbers on the import data - but PVSOL doesn't like negative values here.

Any solutions?

Hello - I presume there is no way to do this.

Again I have another site with existing export from wind turbine, and an export limit, that I want to model PV and battery for.

May have to ditch PVSOL for something else - can PVsyst model this? Or any other software suggestions that can?

Thanks - responses greatly appreciated.

Hello Chadders,

thank you for your questions.

On 7/9/2024 at 12:58 PM, Chadders said:

We have a site that has exiting solar with an export agreement (50kW DC) with 50kW AC inverters with 50kW export.

The DNO have approved another 50kW of AC, which will will oversize to circa 65kW DC, with a total site export of 50kW (not increased)

In this case, you would have to replicate both systems in PV*SOL within a single project. This is necessary to be able to calculate for each time step whether and how much energy can still be fed in until the permitted 50 kW is reached. This means that if system 1 generates 40 kW at a time step and the self-consumption is 10 kW, the remaining 30 kW can be fed in. In addition, a further 20 kW can be fed in from system 2. However, as already mentioned, system 1 must be present in the same PVSOL project. It is not possible to import a production profile from an existing system.

On 7/12/2024 at 9:57 AM, Chadders said:

Again I have another site with existing export from wind turbine, and an export limit, that I want to model PV and battery for.

Since the production quantity of the existing plant must be known at each time step and because an import of production profiles in PVSOL is currently not available, the scenario you described with a wind power plant cannot be planned with PVSOL.

Kind regards

Mikio