Errors in the software in the battery charging/discharging simulation process

CodrinSomesan

Dear Colleagues,
Is it possible that there are errors in the software in the battery charging/discharging simulation process?
I ask this because I simulated a project with 3Mwp/2.4Mw and a 1.6Mwh/0.6MW battery and in the load production curve it seems to me that the rule given by me regarding the load-discharge intervals is not respected? In the LP it is not what I expected?! Why?
Please check and tell me where I am wrong?
I am attaching PVSOL, *xls for LP and some images.

I would like to see in the LP - the battery fully charged from clipped energy and if is necessary with some of the fotovoltaic. Not from grid.Analiza Domnesti - 1-8M restr - cu baterie 600 - 1200kwh.pvprjAnaliza Domnesti - 1-8M restr - cu baterie 600 - 1200kwh.pvprj
Codrin Somesan

image.thumb.png.1c9511212cd2698a180b2ee556f1000d.png

image.thumb.png.32058fbda9dc1383606483863402daf7.png

image.thumb.png.0f100f9f09c3fa3d5a7786df123e8791.png

Analiza Domnesti - 1-8M restr - cu baterie.csv Analiza Domnesti - 1-8M restr - cu baterie 600 - 1200kwh.pvprj

• 4 weeks later...

Hello CodrinSomesan,

thanks for your question and sorry for my late reply.

I dived into your project and looked at the effects of two parameters in particular:

1. the SOC target value of time controlled discharging and
  2. the discharge power.

I would suggest setting both lower. For example, the SOC target value to 40 % and the discharge power to 100 kW.

This has the effect that the battery releases more energy due to the lower discharge limit and supplies power for the entire set time period due to the lower discharge power.

I have added the modified scenario for a specific day to your Excel spreadsheet.

image.png

Does that help you?

Kind regards

Mikio

Analiza Domnesti - 1-8M restr - cu baterie_edit.csv

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

I have same issue with battery charging time as Mr. Cordin

As you can see, the charging time form .xls is still different than values that have been set in time-controlled options (charging time from options starts at 10 nad finishes at 15 while In xls. file, charging starts at 5)

There is any way to fix this error?

Kind regards,

Mateusz Odrzywolski

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Mateusz O,

thanks for your contribution and sorry for my late reply.

If you set time-controlled charging, this does not mean that the battery cannot be charged at other times.

The battery is also charged when PV energy is available that would otherwise be fed into the grid in order to increase self-consumption of PV energy.

This is therefore not an error, but a desired behavior for optimizing the proportion of self-consumption.

Kind regards

Mikio