system on grid with batteries

ionut

Hello

I would have some questions related to the production of the Grid-connected pv system with electrical appliances

1. Why the production of the photovoltaic system is lower in the Grid-connected pv system with electrical appliances and battery system compared to the Grid-connected pv system with electrical appliances?

2. Why does the production of the photovoltaic system change depending on the number of batteries that I allocate to each inverter?

3.How is production calculated in the grid-connected pv system with electrical appliances and battery system? Are battery losses reduced?

4. Why the production of the grid-connected pv system with electrical appliances and battery system changes depending on the consumption?

5.Why the amount of energy stored or delivered from batteries differs depending on consumption?

Thank you,

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ionut,

thanks for your interesting questions. I would like to answer them but I'm afraid I would need more concrete examples. Could you provide project files where your questions arise? You can post them in this thread or send it to me via private message.

Many results vary strongly depending on the specific scenario with its individual parameters. For example what exactly do you mean by "production"? Do you mean the total energy generated by the pv system ("PV Generator Energy (AC grid)") or the amount of energy that arrives at the inverter?

For now I'll try to answer the questions of which I think I have understood what it is about. Please be aware that this answers will not apply in general for any scenario.

On 1/23/2024 at 7:51 AM, ionut said:

1. Why the production of the photovoltaic system is lower in the Grid-connected pv system with electrical appliances and battery system compared to the Grid-connected pv system with electrical appliances?

For systems with AC coupling I would expect that the production ("PV Generator Energy (AC grid)") don't change if you omit the battery but for the "Own Power Consumption" I would think, that it is higher in the scenario with the battery. However, for DC coupled systems it is likely that "PV Generator Energy (AC grid)" is lower with the battery because a part of the energy goes into the battery which leads to losses ("Losses due to charging/discharging" and "Losses in Battery").

2. Why does the production of the photovoltaic system change depending on the number of batteries that I allocate to each inverter?

Am I right in assuming that the question refers to a DC coupled system? If so, changing the number of batteries allocated to an inverter means changing the amount of energy the system can store on the DC side, which effects the value of "PV Generator Energy (AC grid)". E. g. increasing DC coupled batteries (in DC intermediate coupling circuit) can lead to higher "Losses due to charging/discharging" which causes lower "PV Generator Energy (AC grid)".

4. Why the production of the grid-connected pv system with electrical appliances and battery system changes depending on the consumption?

This relates to your first question and can have various reasons. Simply changing the time of day at which consumption takes place can change the energy balance. If, for example, the consumption of a DC generator coupling system is halved and all other parameters remain unchanged, the value of "PV Generator Energy (AC grid)" slightly drops (if the battery was not already fully utilized beforehand) because if the consumption is lower, there is more energy 'available' for the battery so the battery is used more intensively and therefore there are higher losses due to charging/discharging. However, "PV Generator Energy (AC grid)" shouldn't change if the system is a AC coupled one.

5.Why the amount of energy stored or delivered from batteries differs depending on consumption?

There can also be several causes for this. For example, if consumption is very low, more energy is available to charge the battery. On the other hand, if energy is mainly consumed during the day, there is less energy left to charge the battery.

I hope that helps a little further. If anything is still unclear, please contact me again.

Kind regards

Mikio

Thank you very much
These are also my conclusions after a more in-depth analysis

I noticed that there was an update to the pv sol version
do you have any information on updating the database for huawei batteries?
thank you

Hi ionut,

I'm glad to hear that.

Regarding the database update, the manufactures enter their products into our database. Our database team updates the database approximately every two to four weeks.

I can't say when specific products will be added because it depends on when the manufacturer enters them. For now, you can add the missing batteries to your personal user database. Here is a description how to add a new battery entry: https://help.valentin-software.com/pvsol/en/databases/components/batteries/#creating-a-new-entry

Kind regards

Mikio