Adding new Battery to PVSol database.

Alex Muller

Hi there,

I have been trying to add a battery that is not currently on the data base. I am however not 100% sure if I have entered the battery specs properly specifically in the Capacity Characteristic section.

I notice that when selecting a battery system in a PVSol project, Usable Battery Energy is shown at C10. I also noticed that the Ah rating from the battery spec sheets are inserted into the C10 input of the Capacity Characteristic section in the battery database. I would just like to know what the reason is behind this. 

The battery that I am trying to add is a Freedom Won Lite Commercial HV LifePO4 200/160 - https://www.freedomwon.co.za/wp-content/uploads/Freedom-Won-Spec-sheet_LiTE-Commercial-200_160-HV-1.pdf  

Is there any chance you could add this battery to the database?

Ive added this image from PVSol help, this is the Capacity Characteristic section  I am reffering to:

page_entladezyklus_kapazitaetskennlinie.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Alex Muller,
thank you for your post and sorry for the late reply. I have forwarded your request to our database team and the battery should be included in one of the next database updates.

I notice that when selecting a battery system in a PVSol project, Usable Battery Energy is shown at C10. I also noticed that the Ah rating from the battery spec sheets are inserted into the C10 input of the Capacity Characteristic section in the battery database. I would just like to know what the reason is behind this.

As the capacity of a battery is not fixed but varies depending on the charging or discharging current, C10 is used as a value to enable comparability with other batteries. C10 is the capacity that the battery has when it is fully discharged with a constant current over 10 hours. It has become established as a characteristic value in the PV industry.

Hope that helps.
Kind regards
Mikio